Getting enough sleep is not a luxury—it is a necessity—and should be thought of as a vital sign to good health. Our sleep medicine specialists can help you get the sleep you need to enjoy a better quality of life.
Our sleep services
Mercyhealth offers private home- and clinic-based sleep studies. Our sleep centers are fully equipped to diagnose and treat many sleep disorders in adults and children, including:
- Night terrors
- Obstructive sleep apnea
- Periodic limb movements (restless legs)
- REM behavior disorder
How's your sleep?
Many people have sleep complaints of all types, but don't know the steps to take to get better sleep. For those who try and can't find relief, they may have a serious sleep disorder. Leaving a sleep disorder undiagnosed and untreated can lead to other conditions including heart attacks, strokes, memory loss and adult onset diabetes.
Are you experiencing a sleep disorder?
You may have a sleep disorder if you:
- Frequently have difficulty sleeping (for example, trouble falling asleep, staying asleep or getting back to sleep, or feeling unrefreshed after sleep)
- Snore loudly or you or others have observed that you stop breathing or gasp for breath during sleep
- Are excessively sleepy during the day, you have morning headaches, or are irritable
- Have unpleasant, tingling, creeping feelings or nervousness in your legs when trying to sleep
Our sleep centers have specially trained sleep specialists available for consultation to determine the course of action needed to treat your symptoms.