When you have lymphedema, it affects every part of your life. Lymphedema is a chronic condition. If left untreated, lymphedema generally worsens and results in limited motion in the extremity, which can interfere with daily activity. With proper treatment, lymphedema can be controlled.
How we can help
If you have lymphedema, our comprehensive treatment program can be very effective in reducing swelling, softening the tissues and teaching you how to control your condition.
Lymphedema treatment is for those who have swelling due to:
- Cancer treatment
- Surgery or a traumatic injury that has disrupted the lymphatic system
- Primary (congenital) lymphedema
Treatments we offer
Our specially trained lymphedema rehabilitation specialists use a variety of treatments, including:
- Manual lymphatic drainage
- Multi-layer compression bandaging
- Self-massage techniques and specialized exercises to enhance lymphatic drainage and improve movement
- Tools and education to help you manage your condition long-term
- And more
A doctor's referral is required
Please talk to your doctor if you think lymphedema therapy would benefit you.