When you're experiencing an injury or illness, compassionate care from a team of experts can make all the difference. Our rehabilitation team can give you the treatment and support you need to get back to living your best life.
From physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech-language therapy, to physiatry, lymphedema treatment, aquatic therapy and more, our team will design a customized treatment plan that addresses your unique challenges.
Why choose Mercyhealth?
- Skilled team. Our compassionate therapists and other professionals use state-of-the-art technology and evidenced-based treatments to treat a variety of conditions to help you overcome your illness or injury. We also have clinical health and rehabilitation psychologists who treat a wide range of medical problems like chronic pain, work injuries, vehicle injuries and head injuries.
- Specialty services. Our rehabilitation team has expertise in a wide variety of rehabilitation specialties, including pediatric therapy, stroke rehabilitation, rehabilitation following hospitalization and many more.
- Convenient access. With many convenient locations throughout southern Wisconsin and northern Illinois, we make it easy to get the care you need near your home, work or school.
- Virtual care. We offer one-on-one visits with many Mercyhealth therapists. Video telehealth visits are available for many types of therapy. Telehealth is idea for anyone at risk for falls, injuries or illness.
- Coordinate care. Our therapists stay in close communication with your referring provider to ensure that your rehabilitation plan meets your health needs.
Rehabilitation following hospitalization
We offer rehabilitation programs for patients following hospitalization due to a debilitating illness, major surgery or traumatic injury. This is called sub-acute care.
Health problems such as stroke, congestive heart failure, lung disease, joint replacements and hip fractures can affect the entire body. These health problems can change the way a patient communicates, walks and regains their independence.
Our therapists work closely with doctors, nurses and social workers. Together, we determine the best plan to help return you to your home or another living arrangement and keep you safe and healthy once you're there. This includes figuring out what skills you need to work on, what kind of help you’ll need and what training will help prepare your family to support you.