The information on this website is not intended as a substitute for professional medical advice or care. You should consult with your health care provider when you have questions about any new services or about your treatment plan.
How we collect information
When you visit our website, Mercyhealth collects personal information about you in the following ways:
- Active/direct collection: When you choose to directly provide us with your personal information, which may include your email address, name, telephone number, or street address. An example of active/direct collection is when you sign up for a newsletter on one of our websites.
- Automated/passive collection: This includes information we get through technology, such as through a cookie placed on your computer when you visit our websites.
What type of information is collected
When you visit any website, certain personal information about you can be collected.
We automatically collect and temporarily store the following information when you visit our website:
- The internet domain you are using to access our website
- The type of browser you are using
- The date and time of your visit
- If you have reached our website through a link from another website, the first website address
In addition, when you visit our website, we collect information through advertising and marketing providers (e.g., G4 and Google Adwords). Information collected may include:
- Content you view during the visit
- The date and time of your visit
- The amount of time you spent on the website
- Your location based on your IP address
- Your demographic information
- The search terms you entered on our website
We use this information for statistical purposes and to help us make our site more useful to visitors. Unless it is specifically stated otherwise, no additional information will be collected about you.
How this information is used
Mercyhealth collects and uses site visitor information to monitor website performance, make improvements to navigation and content, and better communicate with users.
Mercyhealth does not sell or share any identifiable personal information.
Personally provided information
If you choose to provide us with additional information about yourself through an email message, form, survey, etc., you are agreeing to receive additional information from Mercyhealth. You may opt out at any time by emailing email@example.com.
Cookies and website analytics
- Learn more about Google’s partner services and how to opt out of tracking of analytics by Google.
Like many websites, this website may use session-based or persistent “cookies” or similar technologies to personalize your experience when you are using the website. We use these technologies to make this website better and easier to use. If you are concerned about cookies stored on your computer, we encourage you to follow your web browser’s directions for deleting cookies after you leave our website, or for turning off cookies.
We do not collect any personally identifiable information in our cookies.
If you would like to prevent your data from being used in G4, you can download and install the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on for your web browser.
Links to other websites
How information is secured
We recognize the importance of securing the information we collect and we protecting it from unauthorized access and damage. We strive to ensure reasonable security measures are in place to protect your personal information.
This website is intended for adults and adult caregivers and is not intended for children. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If we become aware that we have collected any personal information from a child under 13 years of age, we will promptly remove it.
Reviewed date: March 2023