Mercyhealth’s volunteer Patient Family Advisory Council (PFAC) aims to connect current or former Mercyhealth patients or family members with Mercyhealth partners (staff) to discuss their experiences within our health system as well as obtain feedback and input on various strategies and initiatives of the healthcare system. In order to provide exceptional healthcare, we must foster relationships with our patients and family members so we can recognize areas of high quality care and identify opportunities where we can improve our quality of care.
Expectations of PFAC Membership:
- Attend quarterly meetings Mercy Center during evening hours (after 5 pm).
- Commit to a six-month introductory term with a potential two-year full term.
- Be willing to attend additional potential special committees.
- Bring personal experiences and stories to council meetings in an honest, respectful and constructive manner.
- Be comfortable speaking within a group and expressing your thoughts.
With your help Mercyhealth will have a better understanding of patient-and-family-centered care and the expectations of our community. We look forward to partnering with you.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact one of the Mercyhealth PFAC liaisons at the information list below.
Patient Experience Manager