After you receive service at Mercyhealth, we will bill your insurance. Many insurance companies will pay their portion approximately 30 to 40 days after we send them a bill. After all insurance payments are applied, we will send you a statement showing the remaining balance you (or the person responsible for your bill, sometimes known as a guarantor) owe. These monthly statements will tell you the dates of services rendered, the charges for the services, the amount we billed to your insurance company, payments we have received, and information on how to contact us if you have questions or need help paying your bills. Due to insurance requirements, you may receive separate bills for physician, lab, pathology or radiology services. If you have a question about RP Forest City, click here.
- Cash, check, debit and most major credit cards are accepted.
- Interest-free, short-term financing for your portion of the bill may be available. Under our short-term financing program, you may pay balances in equal installments of at least $50 for a period of up to 24 months.
- CareCredit is a health, wellness and personal care credit card that gives you the ability to pay overtime with promotional financing options* for expenses of $200 or more. Use CareCredit to pay for deductibles, copays and out-of-pocket expenses not covered by insurance.* Plus, you can use it again and again at 245,000-plus provider and select retail locations nationwide.
How CareCredit works
1. Simply apply online, call 855.925.3009** or text MERCY to 24553.†
2. Get a credit decision within seconds. If approved, you can use your account immediately
3. Pay in-person or online at carecredit.com/Mercyhealth
*Subject to credit approval. Minimum monthly payments required. See carecredit.com for details.
**Must be 18 or older to apply, must be 21 or older to apply by phone.
†Standard text message rates apply.
If you don't respond to any of our monthly statements, we may send your account to an outside agency to help us contact you and receive payment. Our efforts to obtain payment, whether performed internally or by an outside third party, are consistent with all applicable regulations. For more information, read the Mercyhealth Billing and Collection Policy.
If you don't have insurance, we will provide medically necessary services to you at a discounted price. The discount does not apply to services that are not medically necessary or to retail services, such as purchases of glasses or prescription drugs.
You may also qualify for financial assistance.