Candidates for admission must satisfy EACH of the following criteria by submission of official transcripts:
- High school diploma or the equivalent.
- Post-secondary education which, at minimum, meets one (1) of the following with a cumulative GPA of no less than 2.5.*
- An Associate's Degree of Science (A.S.), Associates of Arts (A.A.) or Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.) from an accredited college or university
- A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university
- A cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better is required for the combined courses listed below:
- Algebra or College Math equivalent
- General Physics (Radiographic Physics will be accepted)
- Human Anatomy and Physiology
- Medical Terminology
- English Composition or Speech (must be completed at a college or university within the United States)
*Individuals may submit application with incomplete pre-requisite coursework by indicating a plan of action to satisfy this requirement prior to matriculation.
**List of acceptable allied health professions.
International applicant requirements
Applicants with prerequisite course work from an institution outside of the United States MUST have an official, detailed translation of their coursework into the US equivalency sent to the program from the World Education Services (WES). International applicants who do not provide official documentation of acceptable US course and degree equivalency will not be considered during the application process.
Mercyhealth is not able to admit international students at this time. Green Card holders are not considered International Applicants and are therefore eligible for admission consideration.
- The program considers applicants as an international student if the applicant is a citizen of any nation other than the United States of America. Applicants will not be considered as an international student if you are a dual U.S. citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident, refugee/asylee or a U.S. citizen living abroad.
Send transcripts to Cindy Harrison at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
Mercyhealth School of Sonography – B2
2400 N. Rockton Ave.
Rockford, IL 61103
The courses must be taken at an accredited college. If you have a question about the college or course, please contact us. You MAY apply before the courses are completed, provided they are completed with a "C" or better and grades are submitted to the Program Director no later than December 15 prior to the program start date. The College Board's College-Level Examination Program (CLEP) courses are accepted and will be given your GPA point total.