Apply to Mercyhealth Family Medicine Residency Program–Rockford.
The Mercyhealth Family Medicine Residency Program-Rockford is a participant in the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP) and receives all applications through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). We accept 10 categorical residents per year.
We welcome applications from graduates and soon-to-be graduates of medical schools accredited by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME), the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) or of an international medical school listed by the World Health Organization in the World Directory of Medical Schools (WFME, FAIMER). The application deadline for all candidates is November 30 of each academic year.
Due to COVID-19, we have implemented some flexibility into our application criteria requirements for this recruitment cycle. We understand you may not have certain United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE) test scores or other required components of the application at this time, but we still encourage you to submit your application for review.
Criteria for our program includes:
- We prefer candidates within three years of graduation from medical school.
- We prefer candidates passed on first attempt on USMLE Step 1, Step 2 clinical knowledge (CK) and Step 2 clinical skills (CS).
- We prefer candidates passed USMLE Step 1 and USMLE Step 2 CK scores over 220.
- Current work authorization is preferred. We will sponsor H-1B visa holders.
- We prefer candidates passed COMLEX level 1 and 2 on first attempt with scores above 420. USMLE Step 3 is not required but preferred prior to residency.
- To be considered for program ranking, submit your ERAS USMLE/COMLEX transcript with Step 2 or Level 2 as soon as scores become available.
Submit a complete application
A complete application includes:
- Personal statement
- Dean’s or MSPE letter released directly by the school to the program
- Three (3) letters of recommendation
- Official USMLE or COMLEX transcript with Step 1, Step 2 CK, and Step 2 CS