House of Mercy Homeless Center
This 25-bed facility in Janesville provides short-term housing for homeless families. The Center is run almost entirely by volunteers. Opportunities include:
- Answering the phone and taking messages
- Working at the Welcome Center
- Helping residents as needed
- Overnight shifts
- Fundraising, including the annual House of Mercy Charity Ball
- Donate items on our Wish List
To learn more, call (608) 754-0045.
Mercy Harvard Hospital
At Mercy Harvard Hospital, doctors, nurses, technicians and committed volunteers do whatever it takes to make patients feel better and visitors feel welcomed. Opportunities include:
For more information, call (815) 943-3989.
Mercy Home Health Care / Mercy Hospice Care
Volunteers are an important part of the Mercy Hospice Care team and are as valuable as any other employee. Our volunteers, who receive specialized training, give their time and talents to assist with patient and agency needs. Volunteers assist with:
- Visits to the home
- Clerical duties
- Pet care
- Special projects
There is always a need for these valuable resources. If you're interested in learning more, please call (608)754-2201 or toll-free (608)369-2201.
Mercy Hospital and Trauma Center
Here volunteers can choose from a wide variety of tasks, within the hospital or throughout the Mercy Campus:
For more information, call (608) 756-6784.
Mercy Regional Cancer Center
Every person who volunteers here, whether they are former patients, family members of cancer survivors, or simply concerned, makes a true difference to our patients. Opportunities include:
- Provide warm blankets and lunches to patients
- Listen and share experiences
- Offer wheelchairs and escort service
- Reach to Recovery breast health mentoring
- Road to Recovery transportation service
- Facilitate support groups
- Taking part in outreach activities and American Cancer Society fundraisers
For more information, call (608) 756-6824.
Mercy Walworth Hospital and Medical Center
Our growing volunteer group enjoys working with patients and customers in our newly expanded and remodeled facility. Opportunities include:
- Hospital gift shop
- Day/evening main lobby reception
- Emergency department reception
- Hospital gift/sundries cart
- Hospital gift shop
- Computer/clerical work
- Delivering patient mail
- Escorting patients/visitors
- Knitting/crocheting/sewing baby caps, blankets and shoulder shawls
For more information, call (262) 245-4649.