Nursing within the Mercy Health System is vibrant and growing, built upon generations of nursing excellence. This excellence has lead to extremely low turnover rates, significantly below the national and regional averages.
At Mercy, the community of nursing is involved in every step of building and advancing the care delivery models to meet and exceed our patients' expectations. This nursing distinction has led to minimal vacancy rates.
Nursing, at Mercy, is guided by a robust philosophy of nursing. It is rooted in nursing beliefs, a concept evident through its nursing model of compassionate, respectful, culturally sensitive, and holistic care. We welcome you to explore the many programs and initiatives designed to support nursing at Mercy Health System.
Nursing Service Mission Statement
To provide exceptional nursing care, using the nursing process as our foundation, resulting in excellence in patient outcomes and healing in the broadest sense.
We believe in:
- Nursing as an art and a science dedicated to improving the physical and psychological well being of our patients.
- Nursing as a professional discipline.
- The nursing process as our foundation.
- Partnering that fosters a collaborative, multidisciplinary approach.
- Delivering compassionate, respectful, culturally sensitive, holistic care.
- Striving for excellence in patient outcomes through continuous performance improvement utilizing evidence-based practice.
- Taking a leading role as a patient advocate, utilizing ethical principles to protect the health, safety, and rights of our patients.
- Patient, family, and community education to promote healing in its broadest sense.
- A culture that supports empowerment, professionalism, and accountability.
- Professional development through continuing education that fosters professional growth, competence, and critical thinking.
Search our job openings and apply online.